[IAUC] CBET 730: 20061109 : RS OPHIUCHI

IAUC mailing list quai en cfa.harvard.edu
Vie Jun 22 17:03:35 ART 2007

                                                  Electronic Telegram No. 730
Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams
INTERNATIONAL ASTRONOMICAL UNION
M.S. 18, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
IAUSUBS en CFA.HARVARD.EDU or FAX 617-495-7231 (subscriptions)
CBAT en CFA.HARVARD.EDU (science)
URL http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/cbat.html

RS OPHIUCHI
     R. K. Das, N. M. Ashok, and D. P. K. Banerjee, Physical
Research Laboratory, report near-infrared JHK spectroscopy of RS
Oph (cf. IAUC 8673) obtained with the Mt. Abu 1.2-m telescope (+
PRL Near Infrared NICMOS3 Imager/Spectrometer) on 2006 Oct. 13.58
UT (243 days after the outburst).  The signature of the secondary
red giant is now seen through the presence of the CO first-overtone
bands in the K band.  The other prominent lines, seen in emission,
are H I lines of Paschen_beta, Paschen_gamma, and Brackett_gamma
and He I lines at 1.0830 and 2.0581 microns.

NOTE: These 'Central Bureau Electronic Telegrams' are sometimes
      superseded by text appearing later in the printed IAU Circulars.

                         (C) Copyright 2006 CBAT
2006 November 9                  (CBET 730)               Daniel W. E. Green